Step 1: Measuring the Width
- If you have a pole, measure the pole width excluding the end finials. If you have a track measure the total width.
- For our curtain service, this is all we need. We add all the allowances! If however you require your curtains to return to the wall, please call.
Step 2: Measuring the Finished Length
- The finished length is the measurement from the very top of the curtain to the bottom hem.
- Firstly, decide on where you would like your curtains to fall, this is your bottom hem position. The diagrams show
suggested lengths for both sill, and floor length curtains.
- Always measure the length to the left, right and centre of your pole/track. Where the measurements vary, choose
the length that suits best.
For tab top headings
Firstly, measure from the top of the pole to your required bottom hem position, this is the drop. Now measure the diameter of the pole and add this to your drop measurement, this gives your finished length. (This is due to some length being lost when threading tabs onto the pole).
For eyelet headings
Firstly, measure from the top of the pole to your required bottom hem position, this is the eyelet drop*. Now add to this 3.5cm (1 3/8”) (this is the amount of curtain above the eyelet hole), this gives your finished length.
The top of our Gathered curtain is fixed at a height of 3.5cm above the hook position. Measure from the eyes of the rings/gliders to your required bottom hem position, this is the hook drop. Now add to this 3.5cm (1 3/8”), this gives your finished length.
For all other headings
Firstly, decide on the height that you would like the top of the curtains to finish.
For tracks, we suggest aligning the top of the curtain with the top of the track. For poles, the curtain could be level with the top, centre, or bottom of the pole.
Measure from the required curtain top position to your required bottom hem position, this is your finished length.
Speak to us:
T: 0203 137 7684 (All enquiries)
M: 07811 111 551 (Fitting enquiries)
Got a Question? (Fast 1hr Reply)*
* Applies only during business hours